Legends Live Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans of The Legend of Prince Valiant & Robin Hood!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!

Go down 
+3
LadyLindseyofTheLake
SophieOfSherwood
PrinceJason
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PrinceJason

PrinceJason

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! Empty
PostSubject: Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!   Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:26 pm

Just found out some new casting news! Smile

Joanne Froggatt to star in Robin Hood

Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! Th1wgf0108013107111137ut1.th

Published Date: 01 August 2008
By Jon Stokoe
LITTLEBECK actress Joanne Froggatt is to star in the new series of the BBC's big budget version of Robin Hood.
The 27-year-old, who attended Sleights Primary School and Eskdale School, saw off fierce competition for a coveted role in the Saturday night prime time family drama.

Joanne, whose parents Ann and Keith still live in Littlebeck, has been filming in Hungary for the past three months for her role as village girl Kate who lives in Loxley.

Her character will be seen for the first time in the second episode of series three which should hit our screens later this year.

Spoiler:

Although Jo was playing her cards close to her chest with regards to plotlines for series three she did say her character Kate leaves the village of Loxley and joins up with Robin Hood and his outlaws in the forest after falling foul of the Sheriff of Nottingham and Sir Guy of Gisborne.

Since arriving in the 'Sherwood Forest' set, in Budapest, Hungary, she has been rubbing shoulders with the show's stars Jonas Armstrong (Robin Hood), Richard Armitage (Sir Guy of Gisborne) and Keith Allen (The Sheriff of Nottingham).

Joanne, who still has another three months' work in Hungary, took a break from filming to tell the Gazette: "Everyone has been really fantastic since I started filming.

"I've got to know them really well in the three months I have been here and they have made me feel welcome.

"Being out here for so long I have not been able to get home too much which I miss but although it can be hard work out here it is so much fun.

"I get to wear amazing period costumes and I've been doing some fighting in the forest.

"In one scene I had to kick one of the actors in the stomach – it had gone really well in previous goes but in the last one I somehow managed to split his lip and he needed three stitches.

"I felt so bad I nearly cried but he was really good about it!

"Apart from that everything is brilliant – the location is beautiful and the weather has been amazing – the temperatures have been reaching 37 degrees."

Her role is a far cry from some of her previous work – last year she appeared at the Old Vic Theatre alongside stage greats such as Diana Rigg, Eleanor Bron and Lesley Manville in the first English language adaption of a Pedro Almodovar film, All About My Mother, in London's West End.

That followed performances as Joanna Lees in the television adaption of the true life murder of Peter Falconio and as Myra Hindley's sister in a TV drama about the moors murders.

She also played the role of Danielle Cable, whose fiance Stephen Cameron was murdered in a road-rage incident in 1996, for which she was nominated for a Royal Television Society Award for best female actor.

Joanne, who is now based in London, added: "This role in Robin Hood is more commercial than a lot of the other work I have done since I left Coronation Street.

“I wanted to do something a little bit different and this opportunity came up.

“The viewing figures are really good and it will be nice to be involved in something the whole family can watch.”

l While we will have to wait to see Joanne in Robin Hood, you can catch her soon in a brand-new BBC Three drama Spooks: Code 9.

In the Spooks spin-off, Joanne plays Hannah – one of six new MI5 recruits brought in to protect Britain’s future in 2013 – and you can see the first part of the new six-episode series next Sunday at 9pm.

Link: http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/Jo-to-star-in-robin.4345799.jp
Back to top Go down
SophieOfSherwood

SophieOfSherwood

Female Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!   Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks Jason for posting... This is the first news we've had since hearing about Prince John and Tuck joining the cast! I can't believe this newbie is called 'Kate'. Do you realize we've had mention of 2 'Kate's' in RH already? Rolling Eyes (#1 Marian's mum # 2 The village lady in episode 3 of season 1) That's a bit confusing. I sure hope Tuck's first name isn't 'Will'. Wink
Back to top Go down
LadyLindseyofTheLake

LadyLindseyofTheLake

PostSubject: Re: Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!   Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:26 pm

I'm happy the new girl in Sherwood will be a blond. At least she's original. It would really annoy me if they had tried to cast a 'Marian replacement' look-a-like. I couldn't believe how some fans were suggesting to cast a 'new' Marian. How lame. Mad Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Kate & Alan... it's about time he got a girl. I love you
Back to top Go down
CaliburnRider

CaliburnRider

Male Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!   Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 4:14 pm

Interesting. Nice to know another female character has been added to the cast since... Well, you know... without going into spoilers. silent
Back to top Go down
JeffOfCamelot
Admin
JeffOfCamelot

Male Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!   Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Wow Jason, this is a surprise! cyclops Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
SophieOfSherwood

SophieOfSherwood

PostSubject: Re: Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!   Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 6:13 pm

I'm intrigued to see what kind of costume Kate of Locksley will score, assuming she will get a top bill in the promo pics since Djaq and Marian will be absent. She seemed to think her costume was 'historic'. Richard Armitage mentioned a new costume designer, so is Sherwood getting a more 'old times' style this time around? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Blackisle

Blackisle

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!   Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 6:58 pm

I also wonder about the "historic " costumes.Anyomr who thinks that
male inspired attire was allowed had better remember Joan of Arc s fate.
Back to top Go down
PrinceJason

PrinceJason

Male Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!   Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 10:47 pm

What does Joan of Arc have to do with Robin Hood? scratch
Back to top Go down
NeonKnight

NeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!   Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 12:33 am

lets face it, Joan of Arc is typical unenlightened history, while Robin Hood is a piece of folk lore that still holds interest today. man, sure Marian died, but it wasn't for dressing like The Nightwatchman. Rolling Eyes

i dunno, i like the costumes on RH. the whole point of the series was to modernize a medieval story so it appeals and relates to present day. i hope they don't tone down the look and go suddenly with wimples and hose, that would be weird.

Joanne Froggatt's character is suppose to be a village girl from Locksley, correct? Well, i'm guessing she'll sport a few costumes, probably peasant frock to outlaw girl. The girls on the series usually get more clothes than the guys, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!   Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang! Empty

Back to top Go down

Joanne Froggatt joins Robin's gang!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legends Live Forever  :: Legends Live Forever :: Robin Hood-
Jump to: