Legends Live Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans of The Legend of Prince Valiant & Robin Hood!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *

Go down 
+6
SophieOfSherwood
SullyOfThe7Seas
NeonKnight
CaliburnRider
JeffOfCamelot
Ken-A-Dale
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ken-A-Dale

Ken-A-Dale

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * Empty
PostSubject: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 11:01 pm

BIG NEWS! Jonas Armstrong is bowing out.

* Spoilers *

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/robinhood/

It looks like the series is going on without him. I sure hope Alan is the next Robin Hood.
Back to top Go down
JeffOfCamelot
Admin
JeffOfCamelot

Male Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 11:07 pm

This is a blow. I can't believe we're going to be forced to see Robin go down. I can understand Jonas' desire to move on with other projects, but no matter if he 'makes it big' or not, he's still the Robin Hood of this generation.

Ken, what do you mean by you hope Alan is the next Robin Hood? That's crazy. He's Alan A Dale! He can't be both. scratch I feel kinda depressed. I hate the idea of having the show go on without Robin. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ken-A-Dale

Ken-A-Dale

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:31 pm

My idea was having Robin pass over the leader role to Alan in the final. I have a feeling from the interview with Richard Armitage that Guy is going to became the new Sheriff after Keith Allen's Sheriff is killed off this season. Since Alan switched allegiances and became the spy for Gisborne, he has an inside look of Nottingham's corruption like none of the other gang members. The idea of the village girl Kate being introduced to feel the void of Marian makes sense and would work as being a love interest for Alan. I liked Jonas a whole lot as Robin, and I'm sorry he chose to leave before the show was ready to end, yet I'm confident if the right decisions are made Robin Hood can still be the best drama on television.
Back to top Go down
CaliburnRider

CaliburnRider

Male Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:33 pm

Robin Hood without Robin Hood?! Shocked Now that's just weird. What is it with our fan group? Are we cursed? Every show we get interested in ends. First Valiant was taken off, now Robin is exiting. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
NeonKnight

NeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:34 pm

Man this really isn't fair. i mean i was geared for Series 3 to be the last season, and figured after Series 2's final where Robin was headed....but Foz sounds like he's trying to market for a Jonasless Series 4. Evil or Very Mad

Last season when they killed my favorite character... Marian. I was really disgusted and felt betrayed, still i wanted to see the last show down between Guy and Robin, as it seemed the only way to finish things off to satisfaction. i've been hanging out for a Jack Sparrow return for Marian, but if Robin is biting the dust too, it just proves she's really dead. Crying or Very sad

i loved this show! Now the writers have gone evil, and the producer is crazy enough to think replacing the entire cast is a brilliant move. Rolling Eyes i might have to boycott after Series 3.
Back to top Go down
SullyOfThe7Seas

SullyOfThe7Seas

Male Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:37 pm

I agree with Mark. Marian was by far the best character on the series. It was no-brainier to kill her off. With the way the writing works, I'm really not surprised to see Jonas leaving. It seems to me he is making a smart move to say goodbye before the show goes off the deep in... Which is where it is headed. The idea of a Robin Hood story without the main characters intact is like doing a Camelot without King Arthur and Queen Guinevere. I will end the journey with Jonas and watch Season three, after that, I'm not sure. It could be time to find a show that treats its fans with respect and keeps beloved characters from death.
Back to top Go down
SophieOfSherwood

SophieOfSherwood

Female Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:41 pm

CaliburnRider wrote:
Robin Hood without Robin Hood?! Shocked Now that's just weird. What is it with our fan group? Are we cursed? Every show we get interested in ends. First Valiant was taken off, now Robin is exiting. Crying or Very sad

*sigh*

I know Kirk, I feel the same way. Sad Everything I like ends, and the media I could care less for, out lasts earth in general! Rolling Eyes Although it puts a damper on Season three, I now want to see it more than ever! Grab your tissues, this is going to be tragic.
Back to top Go down
SirVancelot

SirVancelot

Male Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:45 pm

When I heard Dominic wasn't involved in S0III, I knew something strange had happened. With the main writer gone along with Robin + Marian the interest level is slowly fading for me. Neutral

The new characters of Tuck, Prince John and this new girl named Kate can't really make up for the real characters. The whole Robin - Marian - Guy story has been turned on it's head. What went from being a triangle is now a circle of vengeance. If Robin bites the dust, I certainly hope Guy is taken down as well. I really like the first two seasons, but maybe they should have stopped while they were ahead? Announcing the departure of Jonas Armstrong on the official site is pretty lame. I suppose next week we will get a sneak peek at The Sheriff's death. Rolling Eyes Why are all the surprises being told ahead of time?
Back to top Go down
PrinceJason

PrinceJason

Male Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:50 pm

I'm still trying to get over the fact that Will may be doomed to stay at The Pigeon Hotel in The Holy Land. pale I guess with the 'We Are Robin Hood' we should have figured where this whole thing was headed...... Obviously when Jonas said he would only finish up his contract for 3 series, Foz Allan cooked up a way to keep the show running. Robin Hood is turning into one of those risky series that has a hard time keeping on surface. I don't understand why the show has to go on passed 'Robin's exit'? I wish Foz Allan would explain it. Could be he just wants money? Suspect
Back to top Go down
JordanSkywalker
Admin
JordanSkywalker

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 10:45 pm

I'm shocked, but guys please be careful with the spoiler subjects. I re-labeled all the threads. After my mistake, I don't want to ruin viewing of the series for people have yet to see it.
Back to top Go down
https://legendsliveforever.forumotion.com
Ken-A-Dale

Ken-A-Dale

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:51 pm

Wow, it seems the fan backlash is extreme. The Marian + Robin shippers out there are ready to storm the BBC press office! Unlike Jericho, it's going to take more than peanuts to stop Jonas from skipping off to Hollywood. Unfortunately the writers couldn't entice him into staying. I still hope to see Alan in the Robin role. So long as he remains on the show, they have me as a viewer.
Back to top Go down
UtherBendragon

UtherBendragon

Male Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Well Ken, keep in mind the 80's representation of The Greenwood's Famed Outlaw, "Robin of Sherwood" lost their star and managed to pack up carry on the show with a new actor. Killing off Jonas' Robin for the series doesn't mean lights out in Nottingham, it could be simply another thread in the unraveling storyline. BBC has managed to dish out two knee slapping, heart pounding seasons, a little more confidence in BBC might be the missing arrow in moaning fans' quiver. I'm not hanging up my hoodie just because Jonas is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *   Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers * Empty

Back to top Go down

Explosive, nail-biting finale for character! * MAJOR Season 3 Spoilers *
Page 1 of 1