Fans of The Legend of Prince Valiant & Robin Hood!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LastKnight

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:00 pm

I found out there was going to be an Arthurian based movie called "Pendragon: Sword of His Father", so I looked it up on Google and sure enough a trailer on YouTube has already been posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ3GHrmaxAQ

It's so cheesy and fan-made looking it's hilarious! It's like King Arthur (2004) without a budget! lol It could be a parody. Laughing I've never seen anything like the acting displayed here.... Like the part where the guy says something about a vision. What a delivery for a line like that! Rolling Eyes

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeffOfCamelot
Admin

Male Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:22 pm

Great find LastKnight! Very Happy The budget might not be impressive, but watching the trailer I got the sense there's a message in this production! It's so refreshing to see a family themed film dealing with a medieval tale of battle honor and betrayal. I'm looking forward to this! cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UtherBendragon

Male Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Razz Funnest thing I've seen!!!! I'm laughing so hard! Too much, I'm dizzy! I LOVE the part where the guy says "I expected to be stabbed in the back by the Saxons, but not betrayed by my friends..." The delivery is beyond awful! Laughing This is hilarious! I've gotta watch it again, it's too funny!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrinceJason

Male Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:30 pm

I followed Jeff's example and decided to support this movie on my sig. I know it's kinda cheap made next to big budget stuff, but it still looks entertaining with the King Arthur type theme attached. I'm sure it will only have a limited theatrical release. I hope it comes to my state. Smile I got the same impression about the moral message. Unlike so many epics from Hollywood it's nice to see something medieval from a family studio. Interesting to say the least!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessLeah

Female Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:37 pm

Interesting. I wasn't sure what to make of this from watching the trailer. I clicked on the link in Jason's sig, and browsed the site. I take it this production is a family company project with a young aspiring filmmaker sitting in the director's chair. The costumes appear to be replicas, very nice work there. I wonder when (or if) we'll get the chance to see this? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeffOfCamelot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:02 am

I checked the Pendragon Blog and no updates yet. The movie must still be in the editing stage. If anyone is interested in reading the blog which dates from December 2004 to July 2008, it's a highly informative read, greatly exciting to follow through the process the makers are going through to get this movie made and out there. Here's a direct link to the news blog: http://burnsfamilystudios.com/movies/pendragon/news/

As you can probably tell, I'm really excited over this production, and just sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for more information. Very Happy The amount of work and effort this young film maker and his family are going through to make this movie happen is inspiring. I wish them the best, and hope to see the fruit of their labor in the near future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaliburnRider

Male Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Thanks for sharing the blog link Jeff. I now have a lot of catching up to do! Very Happy I watched the trailer and I think for being a family project it looks pretty good. Are they releasing just on DVD or is it going to be in theaters? From what the website says, it sounds like they need character sponsors. What is all that about? I wish these people the best in making this film come alive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SullyOfThe7Seas

Male Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:01 pm

What is this? Some type of home video project? I don't understand. It seems to be a film from the website, but the trailer is so bad it has to be a joke. I've seen more professional actors in plays... The only guy who can act is the one who says 'the vision still calls'. Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrinceJason

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Well, I'm supporting it. I think the crew involved is making it for a set target audience. I realize it's a limited and narrow one next to Hollywood epics, but this promises to be a film with a message. A message I think is worth hearing.

The Blog has no updates in almost nearly a mouth. Hopefully a new entry will be made soon. Exciting to think we're seeing this production happen live. ~ Jason
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeffOfCamelot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:40 pm

I read on the homepage of the site August and September are fundraising months, and they are asking for people to make donations. Seems like this might be the last step in getting this production finished. Hopefully they will get the target funds and all will go well for these film makers. It's difficult to be an aspiring film maker, and I'm sure every penny donated is much appreciated. Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrinceJason

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:28 pm

The blog has been updated with the September entry. Neat stuff about the soundtrack taking shape. Check it out: http://burnsfamilystudios.com/movies/pendragon/news/2008/09/

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken-A-Dale

Male Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing. That was a great read through. I can't wait to see this production and possibly get ideas for my own King Arthur film project in the works. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrinceJason

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Massive Pendragon blog update: http://burnsfamilystudios.com/movies/pendragon/news/2008/09/11/posted-by-chad-burns/

Pretty neat stuff. I haven't even read it all yet, but I wanted to share it here. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaliburnRider

Male Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:43 pm

Whoa, the guy who's making it sounds like he was pessimistic on getting the movie finished. Shocked Kinda weird....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JordanSkywalker
Admin

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:44 pm

I love the way he begs for money, it's so professional. Rolling Eyes tongue

Male Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:47 pm

I wanted to see it, but $49 bucks for a DVD copy... Ouch. My wallet only stretches so far, and my DVD Must Have List is hard to manage how it is. I may have to pass Pendragon up unless they have a discount in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrinceJason

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:48 pm

At least the computers are finally working, I've been praying for them about the problem and it seems it's paid off! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyLindseyofTheLake

Female Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:50 pm

JordanSkywalker wrote:
I love the way he begs for money, it's so professional. Rolling Eyes tongue
Agreed Jordan. Neutral How stupid to make a film if you can't finance it. Rolling Eyes They must be out of their minds if they expect people to spend over $40 for a DVD... $ 25 would be pushing it. Must be really hard up for cash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeffOfCamelot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:32 pm

PrinceJason wrote:
At least the computers are finally working, I've been praying for them about the problem and it seems it's paid off! Razz
I know Jason great news! Hopefully now with the technical issues taken care of, the editing will come together and they can at last complete the project. Surprised

I'll admit $45 bucks is a hefty price tag to stamp on a little known project, without offing it anywhere else, but that's just how it is for aspiring independent filmmakers with a family run company. They have to do all the work themselves including casting, costumes, props, location shooting, and all other areas required. Without feuding or stable producers, it all comes down to everyone playing the parts to make a film happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:40 pm

Yeah Jeff, i see where you're coming from.... but the way i look at it, why bite off more than you can chew? hey, you don't have to set your film in 5th century Britain, and try and do a script full of battles, and period costumes and weapons, if your budget can't handle it. Just go make a film in a national park about a boy's camp, it's likely to appeal to the same target audience and could still have the themes this film has. Just change the title from "Pendragon: Sword of His Father" to "Johnson: His Dad's Pocket Knife" See my point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie   

Back to top Go down

Pendragon: Sword of His Father - Upcoming Movie
Page 1 of 1