Legends Live Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans of The Legend of Prince Valiant & Robin Hood!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Robin Hood on DVD

Go down 
+3
SirVancelot
Ken-A-Dale
JeffOfCamelot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffOfCamelot
Admin
JeffOfCamelot

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Robin Hood on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Robin Hood on DVD   Robin Hood on DVD EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Just thought I'd start a thread to talk about the RH DVD volumes. I got my Season II DVDs yesterday, and went through the bonus features. There's not as much this time around, but always a treat. I found the 'behind the scenes' to end on a very depressing note, showing a blank & white clip of Marian's death.

I suppose next season's worth of DVDs will have Robin's send off. pale Anyhow, I haven't made time to watch the episodes or commentaries yet, but it's on my 'to-do' list, I hope to get going next week.

Has anyone else bought the DVDs? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ken-A-Dale

Ken-A-Dale

Male Number of posts : 32

Robin Hood on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood on DVD   Robin Hood on DVD EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:09 pm

Yeah, I own both sets and I know what you mean about the special features being a downer on series 2. Anyway, the picture quality is nice and clear and the episode commentary tracks are pretty funny. You definitely need to check those out Jeff! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SirVancelot

SirVancelot

Male Number of posts : 24

Robin Hood on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood on DVD   Robin Hood on DVD EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:12 pm

I have the series one dvds only thus far, though I do plan to go on and purchase the series two to compete the collection of what is available. You might say it is on my wish list. Wink
Back to top Go down
LadyLindseyofTheLake

LadyLindseyofTheLake

Female Number of posts : 21

Robin Hood on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood on DVD   Robin Hood on DVD EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:13 pm

Still waiting for mine. Should have pre-ordered. Rolling Eyes I wanted to see Lucy's interview, since it's probably the last one will ever get from her.

Do the creators justify why they killed Marian (like you could justify it Never )?

BTW Thanks Jordan, I love you the new smileys.
Back to top Go down
SullyOfThe7Seas

SullyOfThe7Seas

Male Number of posts : 21

Robin Hood on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood on DVD   Robin Hood on DVD EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:15 pm

I'm waiting until I can locate a copy in stores, as I don't want a bent case. Smile
Back to top Go down
JordanSkywalker
Admin
JordanSkywalker

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Robin Hood on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood on DVD   Robin Hood on DVD EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Glad you are enjoying them @ Lindsey tongue

It's explained that Marian was killed because having Robin without Marian was the most interesting story they could think of for a third season. All in all, it was classic... Foz looking down uncomfortably at his feet, while Dominic explained and flinched like he was going to be tomatoed! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://legendsliveforever.forumotion.com
PrinceJason

PrinceJason

Male Number of posts : 36

Robin Hood on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood on DVD   Robin Hood on DVD EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:24 pm

I have both seasons on DVD. I paid a lot for them, but I do like the show so it was worth it. Popcorn
Back to top Go down
LadyLindseyofTheLake

LadyLindseyofTheLake

Female Number of posts : 21

Robin Hood on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood on DVD   Robin Hood on DVD EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:28 pm

JordanSkywalker wrote:
All in all, it was classic... Foz looking down uncomfortably at his feet, while Dominic explained and flinched like he was going to be tomatoed! Laughing

LoL Well, maybe Dominic should be? Twisted Evil So... the best story they could think up was to ruin any future for Robin with Marian? Neutral
Back to top Go down
JordanSkywalker
Admin
JordanSkywalker

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Robin Hood on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood on DVD   Robin Hood on DVD EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:30 pm

I think they didn't actually phase it like that.... No the more I think about it, they didn't say 'best', more like 'most compelling' or something along that line. alien
Back to top Go down
https://legendsliveforever.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Robin Hood on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood on DVD   Robin Hood on DVD Empty

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood on DVD
Page 1 of 1