Legends Live Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans of The Legend of Prince Valiant & Robin Hood!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Scenes?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PrinceJason

PrinceJason

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Favorite Scenes? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Scenes?   Favorite Scenes? EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:56 pm

I thought I'd start a thread for just random favorite moments in LOPV. There are so many to list I know, but it could be fun to share.

I'll start:

One scene I always liked was in The Finding of Camelot, when Valiant and friends arrive at the castle for the first time. You know, how they are locked up and accused of stealing the Viking peace ring? It was realistic and not so picture perfect like it could have been. The elevator that takes them to the dungeon is a lot like the one Merlin uses for his 'humble abode' in The Trust Betrayed too, which leads me to wonder if he invented it Question I guess that's another subject matter altogether. Anyway, I always thought that scene was neat. The way Valiant is determined to escape and speak to King Arthur, while Arn is examining the hay was funny too. It's a good example of what makes Valiant and Arn so different. ~ Jason
Back to top Go down
SophieOfSherwood

SophieOfSherwood

Female Number of posts : 21

Favorite Scenes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scenes?   Favorite Scenes? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:51 am

Good scene mention, Jason. ( "Even the hay is as sweet and clean as morning sunshine." ~ Arn on Camelot's prison.) I think Arn's attitude in showing awe for his surrounds (even in a dungeon) was part of his appreciation for arriving in Camelot. As a poor peasant who had no home or wealth, Arn was more likely to be impressed by Camelot's splendor, than Valiant, a prince raised from birth, and Rowanne, who had probably seen some riches within Shadow Hurst castle.

Arriving in Camelot is no doubt a favourite scene for most fans, since it's something we all dreamed about as kids. I love the fact Valiant, Arn and Rowanne tumble into Camelot, when they least are expecting to find it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JeffOfCamelot
Admin
JeffOfCamelot

Male Number of posts : 30

Favorite Scenes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scenes?   Favorite Scenes? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:11 pm

One of my favorite scenes in "The Beggar" is the closing part where Valiant and Jon arrive at Duke Giswald's castle and Jon asks Valiant his name. The guard who had previously turned away Valiant when he had taken him for a beggar, says: "Not Prince Valiant?" Valiant girns and replies, "No, just Valiant...The Goatherder." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SophieOfSherwood

SophieOfSherwood

Female Number of posts : 21

Favorite Scenes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scenes?   Favorite Scenes? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 12:44 am

Huge favourite scene: The end of "The Visitor" where Arn says farewell to Harold.
Back to top Go down
Eilythia

Female Number of posts : 12

Favorite Scenes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scenes?   Favorite Scenes? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 12:46 pm

After watching all the episodes again, I have to say that my all-time favourite scene is Arthur´s return from the dead.
It was the ultimate victory over the evil forces and I just loved to see Mordred so devastated cheers
Back to top Go down
JeffOfCamelot
Admin
JeffOfCamelot

Male Number of posts : 30

Favorite Scenes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scenes?   Favorite Scenes? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:04 am

Here here Eilythia! Very Happy Arthur's return remains a powerful and inspirational moment in LOPV's run of 65 episodes. In legend Arthur is immortalized as The Once and Future King it's an interesting twist on this theory to have made him presumably die, and return to Camelot close after what was no doubt it's darkest hour. In most legends we are left with a question mark of when Arthur would return, LOPV visualized this and gave new life to Arthur's return to the throne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Scenes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scenes?   Favorite Scenes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Scenes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legends Live Forever  :: Legends Live Forever :: The Legend of Prince Valiant-
Jump to: