Legends Live Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans of The Legend of Prince Valiant & Robin Hood!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hero Machine LOPV Characters!

Go down 
+8
SophieOfSherwood
Ken-A-Dale
UtherBendragon
JordanSkywalker
ShieldMaiden
NeonKnight
PrinceJason
CaliburnRider
12 posters
AuthorMessage
CaliburnRider

CaliburnRider

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Hero Machine LOPV Characters! Empty
PostSubject: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Alright guys, it took me over an hour to find all the pieces and put it together, but I'd like some criticism if anybody has some better ideas to make it look more like the real thing......

I proudly present Prince Valiant, Hero Machine Edition:

Hero Machine LOPV Characters! Pvym5.th

If you want to try your hand at making one: http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heromachine2/heroMachine2.asp

Don't forget to share your work. If anybody needs help with taking screenshots, just ask. Smile

K i r k
Back to top Go down
PrinceJason

PrinceJason

Male Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Nice job, Kirk! Smile
Back to top Go down
NeonKnight

NeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 12:26 am

cool Kirk Cool i like the page-boy look, it sorta blends LOPV with Hal Foster's PV. the pose, boots and crest tie it together making it at once recognizable as Valiant. i think you did an awesome job. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
ShieldMaiden

ShieldMaiden

Female Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:18 pm

I like your Valiant, Kirk. This is the first time I've ever seen, Hero Machine. I tried my hand with it, and it's really neat. I never could draw using the computer, since it gives you bases and everything it makes it easy and fun. If I create a character worthy of Prince Valiant, I'll share it. Smile
Back to top Go down
JordanSkywalker
Admin
JordanSkywalker

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:51 pm

Good try Kirk. It was recognizable as Valiant. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://legendsliveforever.forumotion.com
UtherBendragon

UtherBendragon

Male Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 pm

What can I say Kirk, you inspired me. cyclops

Knights, Knaves, and Ladies I give you Valiant, Arn and Rowanne's newest companion..... Ben ( Hero Machine edition) :

Hero Machine LOPV Characters! Benoj6.th
Back to top Go down
CaliburnRider

CaliburnRider

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 10:55 pm

Wow, nice work buddy! Laughing Ben fits right into LOPV! Wink

I was attempting to do Arn awhile ago, but I wasn't sure what outfit to try... First I went for the peasant attire, but the closest thing I could find was a long sleeved tunic. I then tried to make his red and white clothes, but I couldn't find a proper shirt. Any advice?

BTW, thanks for all the nice comments guys! Very Happy I know it wasn't that great. I mean come on, it's easy to nitpick it. LOL And yes, I agree Jeannie, Hero Machine is fun. cheers
Back to top Go down
JordanSkywalker
Admin
JordanSkywalker

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 11:05 pm

Lookin' good Ben. I may have to make one for myself now. With the lack of news everywhere... We have the time. tongue
Back to top Go down
Ken-A-Dale

Ken-A-Dale

Male Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 11:06 pm

I like to write books, so I sometimes use that program to design my characters. It helps when I'm in the development stage. Basketball Currently, I'm taking a break from writing, but I have wrote some pretty sweet stories in some folders under my bed. I may get them published one day.
Back to top Go down
SophieOfSherwood

SophieOfSherwood

Female Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 3:27 pm

CaliburnRider wrote:

I was attempting to do Arn awhile ago, but I wasn't sure what outfit to try... First I went for the peasant attire, but the closest thing I could find was a long sleeved tunic. I then tried to make his red and white clothes, but I couldn't find a proper shirt. Any advice?

Kirk: After looking at the options, I think the long-sleeve or sleeveless peasant tunic would be fine for Arn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CaliburnRider

CaliburnRider

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Sophie. When I get some free time, I'll try it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
SullyOfThe7Seas

SullyOfThe7Seas

Male Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 10:36 pm

As you can see, I did my version of Merlin

Hero Machine LOPV Characters! Mervd0.th

Basketball
Back to top Go down
NeonKnight

NeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 10:49 pm

Merlin is awesome Sull! Cool i love that background you used! So cool! cheers
Back to top Go down
CaliburnRider

CaliburnRider

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Finally got around to making Arn:

Hero Machine LOPV Characters! Arnco3.th

Nice Merlin by the way, Sully! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UtherBendragon

UtherBendragon

Male Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 5:14 pm

Hey good one Kirk! You got the colors down..and the quaterstaff. I like the hair. Laughing The outfit turned out great, good choice. Smile With Val and Arn made, is Rowanne next, buddy?

Come on guys, make yourselves, I'm getting lonely in Hero Machine Land. lol!
Back to top Go down
JordanSkywalker
Admin
JordanSkywalker

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 5:50 pm

No need to be lonely anymore, Ben:

Hero Machine LOPV Characters! Jordanxv5.th

Cool
Back to top Go down
PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah

Female Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Ah-hem? Can I come too Jordan? flower

Hero Machine LOPV Characters! Leahyy8.th

I LOVED yours! lol
Back to top Go down
JordanSkywalker
Admin
JordanSkywalker

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:12 pm

Of course, Leah! Wow, I like yours too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Skywalking

Skywalking

Female Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:15 am

Let's see if I can do this properly! Unfortunately I could not find any pieces that look remotely close to my faire garb, so instead of seeing a representation of me in persona, you get something else entirely. The crossbow I do not wield yet, though I have a...shall we say, vested interest in obtaining one, and have chosen a model, its a matter of actually coughing up the funds. Smile So in the meantime, have a pretty picture, (with a not so cool background, it was weird enough figuring out how to do this with my mac, alas!)
Edited for size. Someday I really need to figure out html!
Hero Machine LOPV Characters! Mrzek7

Last edited by Skywalking on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Size. Whoa.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fisher_queen.livejournal.com
LadyLindseyofTheLake

LadyLindseyofTheLake

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 1:17 am

Here I am....
Hero Machine LOPV Characters! Lindseyherofn7.th

Laughing
Back to top Go down
CaliburnRider

CaliburnRider

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Guys, I gave up trying to make the rest of the characters after many failed attempts. It's hard to make anything look right with the choices they give you. I think the HERO MACHINE program is stylized with a design that doesn't transcend to the level of LOPV quality. Just wanted to give an update for those loyal few following my work. I have not given up, I've only surrendered. What a Face
Back to top Go down
SophieOfSherwood

SophieOfSherwood

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Well Kirk, I really did like the ones you made. Very Happy I know how it is though... I get burnt out on projects like that. I spent hours one day trying to make myself a siggy, only to delete it. Grrr... I frankly don't get along with text on images. I always make a mess. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SullyOfThe7Seas

SullyOfThe7Seas

Male Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 7:26 pm

Usually I'm a person who has trouble making a signature, but for this site I managed to get inspired. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hero Machine LOPV Characters!   Hero Machine LOPV Characters! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hero Machine LOPV Characters!
Page 1 of 1