Legends Live Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans of The Legend of Prince Valiant & Robin Hood!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LOPV innermost thoughts

Go down 
+4
SavageDamsel
SophieOfSherwood
CaliburnRider
Blackisle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackisle

Blackisle

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-29

LOPV innermost thoughts Empty
PostSubject: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 7:20 pm

If the LOPV group feared that they would not survive what innermost thoughts would they express ? what regrets ? what hopes would they have for those who would have to go on without them ?
Back to top Go down
CaliburnRider

CaliburnRider

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 5:37 pm

I doubt we'll ever know since the show ended with the main cast made it out alive in episode 65. I'm kinda glad they did. Arthur was the closest to death. I remember thinking he really died for sure. I was shocked and relieved when Arthur was brought back as The King.... I think Valiant was too. I mean the responsibility of ruling the kingdom was taking it's toll.
Back to top Go down
SophieOfSherwood

SophieOfSherwood

Female Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 6:06 pm

I agree Kirk. Sooner or later Valiant would have found the stresses of being king of Camelot too much to handle. His dream was to be a knight, not to be king. We saw him deal with this on the ship when he was returning to Thule, and was deeply troubled his destiny of sitting at The Round Table was being thwarted. In his inner thoughts Valiant wants to serve the crown not wear it. king
Back to top Go down
Blackisle

Blackisle

PostSubject: Re: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:18 am

I think that Valiant is afraid that those in Camelot will think that he is better prepared for leadership only because he is a kings son . Valiant missed out on a good many experiences when he was exiled to the Fens.
Under normal situations a crowned prince would be given an increasing series of responsibilities . He could have been sent to Thules allies to study- and meet princesses.
The only thing that Valiant learned in the swamp was that a kingdom can be lost.
Back to top Go down
SavageDamsel

SavageDamsel

Female Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:56 am

I'd have to say Valiant learned far more in living in exile in the marsh, than 'how to lose a kingdom'. He learned the important virtues of humility, hard work, and self reliance. Had Thule remained in safety in Willam's control, Valiant would have had no cause to seek a new calling as a Knight of The Round Table, because he would have had comfort and contentment. It's through trail and tribulation people grow in character, thus so many of Valiant's adventures deal with him coming to terms with life's lessons. As Rolf told Valiant, "The true test of a prince isn't when all goes right in his world, but when all goes wrong... Have you forgotten that?" Smile
Back to top Go down
Blackisle

Blackisle

PostSubject: Re: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 1:28 pm

I was trying to differentiatw between character development and specific experiences to develop Valiants ability to rule. In strange and dangerous surroundings Thules soldiers would have protected the royal family. It is unlikely that Valiant would have been put in charge of anything . Lack of these experiences could have troubled Valiant.
Back to top Go down
NeonKnight

NeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 8:09 pm

i think Valiant's deep inner struggle could be wanting to 'survive' and yet wanting to be ready to give his life for what he believes in. This was a major conflict episode, "Eyes of The Serpent" where Valiant's nightmare showed his own death... he couldn't deal with it. Also, a search for destiny probably combines with his inner struggle. Camelot needs Valiant now, but what if one day it's so peaceful and content, he gets restless and starts wondering "What else is there?" Maybe that is when LOPV's character would start setting off across the world, like his original concept character. Question
Back to top Go down
SirVancelot

SirVancelot

Male Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 7:40 pm

I like your idea of Valiant's travels, Mark. It ties in nicely with the comic series.
Back to top Go down
UtherBendragon

UtherBendragon

Male Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 9:58 pm

On the subject of travel...

I always had this Holy Land/Middle East venture idea floating in my head for Val and the gang. farao Merlin would have to come, he'd get a blast out of Egypt. Anyhow, I still can picture Arn handling a camel, Rowanne picking up a recurve bow, and Val with one of those desert head-dresses, when he pulls one of his famous disguises. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ken-A-Dale

Ken-A-Dale

Male Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Sounds like the last two episodes of Robin Hood: Season 2, especially the part about Val taking on a disguise... Remember Robin dressing as the King at the end? I can't say I could picture LOPV taking place outside of Britain like scenery, but maybe that's only because there never were any episodes like that. On the other hand it's in the Hal Foster comics, so it goes back to Prince Valiant's roots. He was a regular 'Rick Steves' with as many places as he visited in those!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOPV innermost thoughts   LOPV innermost thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

LOPV innermost thoughts
Page 1 of 1